The Free2Be Safe Anti-Violence Project provides help and support to LGBTQ and HIV-affected people of Alabama when they need it most. Every year LGBTQ people are beaten, harassed, and killed just for being themselves. Many cannot find safety at home or in their intimate relationships. Free2Be Safe AVP provides crucial services for people who need help and support:
- Counseling for victims of hate violence, domestic violence, and sexual violence.
- Therapeutic support groups for survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, and children experiencing trauma after witnessing acts of violence.
- Peer support groups for LGBTQ youth, LGBTQ young adults, and adults who are Transgender.
- Nationwide referrals for services.
- Public education and prevention services.
- All Free2Be Safe AVP services are provided free because of the support of generous donors and grant funding through the Victims of Crime Act and the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act.
- All people needing help are welcome regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
North Alabama’s Celebration of Diversity and Equality. Building a compassionate & inclusive South by bringing diverse individuals, groups, and communities together!
* Rocket City Pride benefits the Free2Be LGBTQ Resource Center & the Free2Be Safe Anti-Violence Project.